Saturday, October 30, 2010

45) Book Review : Yoga Mind and Body  ( Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre )
 Right from the time ( i.e from 1998 ) I started practicing and teaching the Sivananda Style of Yoga I have been  using the book Yoga Mind & Body from the Sivananda Yoga Centre as a guide book for my practice / teaching and I find it to be a very extrmely useful guide .I gave a Morning Yoga Class in a Popular TV Channel few years back  as part of its Morning Breakfast show and I used lots of inputs from this book for my T.V Show . It has made an excellent sepraration of the basic / advanced postures and also dealt every posture with very clear step by step instructions on how to come to a posture , how to hold it and how to come out of it and it also deals with the physical , mental and spiritual benefits of each major posture .The most imortant of all is the section of common errors for each major posture that I found it to be very useful .No other book discusses the common errors of the postures as in this book . Apart from postures it also deals with Pranayama , Relaxation,Diet and Meditation . On the whole a very very excellent book .A must for every Yoga Student and Teacher

No comments: